Dental Implant in Crystal Lake, IL
Replace One or More Teeth and Regain Your Confidence
Lehman & Menis Dental Implant and Oral Surgery Specialists offer precision dental implant placement and implant-based tooth replacement options that can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth. Our doctors will work closely with you to create a dental implant treatment plan for your optimal long-term result. Dr. Lehman focuses on dental implant placement cases at our practice and has many years of specific training and experience placing dental implants with superior precision.
Dental implants are revolutionary because they are a true tooth replacement: they replace the entire tooth, root and all. There are three parts to a dental implant: the dental implant post (typically made of medical-grade titanium), the connecting abutment, and the crown. To place a dental implant, a surgeon will make a small incision in the gum and then insert the implant into the jaw bone. The implant will fuse with the jaw bone during several weeks of healing time during a process called osseointegration. By fusing with the jaw, a dental implant improves the structural integrity of the jaw bone and prevents deterioration.
Read common questions and answers on our Dental Implants FAQ page.
7 Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are a long-term tooth restoration option because the implant permanently fuses with the bone in the jaw, which improves the structure and stability of the jaw. With proper care, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
- A dental implant is virtually indistinguishable from a natural tooth.
- Dental implants often give patients a renewed sense of confidence in their smile.
- A dental implant is cared for just like a natural tooth—with regular brushing and flossing.
- Dental implant patients can enjoy their favorite foods again without worrying about having to remove any oral appliances to eat or experiencing discomfort.
- Dental implants are so versatile that they can be used to replace one or more missing teeth, and can even replace an entire arch of teeth with full-arch restoration.
- With the bone and soft tissue grafting techniques we offer, even patients with significant bone loss in their jaws can receive successful dental implants at our practice.
The Dental Implant Process
Dr. Lehman focuses on dental implant placement and will likely be taking care of you throughout your dental implant process, although both of our oral surgeons have decades of training and experience placing dental implants. A single implant placement takes between 30 and 60 minutes, and multiple implants can take from 1 to 3 hours to place. We offer several types of in-office anesthesia, including IV sedation, so that our patients are completely at ease and comfortable during their procedures. We also provide detailed instructions to guide you through both treatment and recovery.
During the first appointment, your oral surgeon will evaluate your oral health condition and take 3D CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) scans, which provide detailed and accurate images of your facial structures. From there, your ideal treatment plan can be designed.
During your surgical procedure, Dr. Lehman will make a small incision in the gum tissue and insert the implant into the jaw bone. The surgical site will then be stitched closed. After the procedure, you will have time to rest before your responsible driver brings you home to begin your recovery.
Usually, at the time of your implant surgery, a temporary abutment will be placed to allow the gum tissue to heal around the implant. Abutment placement is determined at the time of implant placement. Rarely, an implant may be covered with gum tissue. If this is required, a second procedure to uncover the implant may be needed. You may receive a temporary crown to wear during your recovery, but once enough healing has taken place, your restorative dentist will place the permanent, custom-made crown.
Detailed Post-Operative Instructions
Everything you need to know about your procedure and what to expect during recovery can be found in the instructions that we provide. Please read them closely to ensure your treatment runs smoothly.
What Is The Cost of Dental Implants In Crystal Lake, IL?
We make sure that our care is offered at prices that are competitive for the Crystal Lake, Illinois, area. Since each patient’s condition is different, the cost of dental implant placement at our practice varies. Some of the factors include the number of implants that will be placed, if bone or soft tissue grafting are required, if tooth extractions will need to be performed, choice of anesthesia, and insurance coverage.
You can view answers to other common questions on our Dental Implant FAQ page.